Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Guitar Idol visits us.

The lobby of the Cape Panwa Hotel was slowly filling up of all those people that I wanted to be whilst I was working in a record shop, I had a splendid wasted youth there….

There were the guitar cases covered in ‘Handle with Care’ stickers, the curly black hair that was clearly homage to Slash from Guns and Roses and the bulge in the jeans that looked similar to a bottle of Jack Daniels.

I had to ask them what had brought them to Phuket and the Cape Panwa Hotel. I was introduced to a petite and effervescent lady call Sangchan from Prart Music in Bangkok. Sangchan was looking after them.

I met them all, Jack Thammarat who won guitar idol this year (click here to watch a performance on youtube) and Olarn Promjai and Pop the Sun (2 Thai hard rock guitarists) - click here to watch their performance on youtube. There were more but I lost my courage to ask them; again....

They were with Overdrive music magazine and were performing at Phuket University – I was invited but I (again) did not have the courage to ask Claude (our General Manager) if I could go to the rock concert in aid of the blog……… on reflection it may not have been a bad idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment