Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas is coming to Cape Panwa Hotel



After spending a glorious week  at the Kantary Hills Hotel in Chiang Mai – made up of early morning alms giving sessions (to the monks who passed by the hotel) and trips to the vividly coloured flower markets – it was time to return to Phuket.

Nothing prepared me for the beauty of the sight that greeted me as I walked into the lobby of the Cape Panwa Hotel – it was the Christmas tree!


The tree, which nearly reached the ceiling, was strewn with simple white lights and topped with a beautiful glittering star.

Just seeing it made me feel like a child again and the hotel staff promised me that if I was a good guest and stayed till Christmas, Father Christmas would come.

(Note to Ed: Can I stay longer please? Christmas is coming to Cape Panwa Hotel.) 

              

No comments:

Post a Comment