Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Useful Apps for your holiday to Thailand



Ever since friends persuaded me to buy an iPad, my family has had enough of me going on about apps that I discover, which means that I am left with only you, my Otter's Tales’ followers, to share my findings.

I have already tried out all the apps that Tim recommended here previously (post one and post two), and though I am not quite ready for iCloud I have found some wonderful apps of my own.

One of the questions that I hear repeatedly around Cape Panwa Hotel lobby is:


“What time is the Sunset?”

Sunset Countdown’ tells you the exact timing of this beautiful natural occurrence wherever in the world you may be – when in Phuket consult the app and then head to Cape Phromthep to experience a glorious sunset.

A question I hear all the time from touts at the Grand Palace in Bangkok when I stay at Cape House is:


“Would you like a guided tour at a special price?”

Grand Palace’ is an audio guide that surpasses all others – the detail of the description is superb – walk around the Grand Palace plugged into this one for an educational and entertaining tour.

My last recommendation is for the many of you who have fallen in love with Thailand. 


There are a number of apps to help you to learn to speak and read Thai but I found this – ‘Learn To Write Thai’ is for those of you who are serious about learning Thai – for whatever reason it may be!?! 

(Ed – does Tim know how to read and write Thai yet?) ;)

              

No comments:

Post a Comment