Sunday, February 3, 2013

Rubber Trees




The local people have started to rent out bicycles so this time I rented a bicycle and chose to follow the previous journey taken by a guest they wrote about in this blog.


View tim in phuket - a bicycle ride in a larger map


I cycled off and carefully followed the map which was outlined by Tim and did not get very far because I was attracted to a huge set of trees near Khao Kham Phanwa Buddhist Park, not quite a forest because the trees were in perfect straight lines. 


I was surprised to find that all of the trees had a coconut husk tied to the bottom and were full of a white liquid substance. I took some photographs and returned swiftly to Cape Panwa Hotel. It was here that I was told that what I had looked at was where they were still taping rubber. I was then told that this was one of the original industries in Phuket and asked had I seen what happened next in the process?

I said that I would like to see what happens after this and would do so the next time I visited. I hope they remember. 

              

No comments:

Post a Comment