Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mad about Macarons



Peek into the bakery display cabinet of any upscale café, supermarket, shopping plaza or hotel in Thailand today and you will spot a colourful selection of ‘macarons’ - tempting you with their pastel hues.

What I hear you ask are they?

Well, they consist of two light, fluffy meringue based biscuits with a creamy filling sandwiched in between them and they literally melt in your mouth. I understand that they are all the rage in Asia at the moment – replacing the ‘Chi-Chi Cupcake’.  If you never had one of those don’t worry, because they always left me hungry.



Now these macarons are something different – delicious - available in any number of colours and flavours to have with your favourite coffee or you could take a box home for that special someone? Think I’ll go to Café Kantary now!


(Ed – I doubt that the macaron box will make it home – find something else!)

              

No comments:

Post a Comment