Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Village Fair


The smell was what
first captured me – what was it? I could not believe it – Candy Floss! I was straight there with the local children and bought 10 sticks to share!

And where did all this take place?

The Laem Panwa School borrowed the Phuket Aquarium’s car park and turned it into a Village Fair to raise money for the local school. I found many of the staff and their children down there on my visit – it was a wonderful atmosphere.

There was a fishing game to play, a lucky draw to enter, balloons, to be purchased, fans to be blown and of course a plethora of exciting foods to be purchased.

Then there was the stage! There were over a 150 chairs arranged to watch the show – and what a show it was – dancing and singing, a magic show – a veritable feast for your eyes, ears and stomach.

Then there were fireworks, more dancing, Karaoke (Mick one of our guests had a go – I was impressed) and spirit balloons…….all to raise money for the local school.

If only this part of Thai culture could be shared with more people?

Click here for more photographs of the Village Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment