Sunday, February 24, 2013

The fair Leelawadee at Cape Panwa Hotel



One of my daily rituals when I stay at Kantary Bay in Phuket is to pop over to Cape Panwa Hotel for an early morning stroll on its beautiful private beach.

Cape Panwa Beach on instagram
Before 7 a.m the beach is usually very quiet and deserted – apart from the crabs that is. 


However, I did spot a guest sitting in a crossed-legged Yoga position on the sand last week though – it made me briefly think about taking up Yoga… but that’s not what I wanted to share with you.


I wanted to tell you that the walk through Cape Panwa hotel’s garden is just as pleasant and refreshing. The flowers in the early morning are beautiful – of the many types you find there, my favourite is the Frangipani, which is known in Thai  as “Leelawadee” or  ลีลาวดี.


Thais once believed that the flower gave you protection from the demons and evil spirits – me I just like the colour and think that they look lovely.

              

No comments:

Post a Comment