Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Eggs on the Beach at Cape Panwa Hotel



It was the weekend: many people had escaped from work in Bangkok, choosing to spend the time at the Cape Panwa Hotel in Phuket

After my early breakfast (06:30), I placed myself carefully on the beach, began to watch the waves slowly come closer to the foot of my sun bed, I was alone thinking to myself: this is paradise. 


I suddenly found myself back in reality when a small child tapped me on the shoulder and asked, “Have you seen any painted eggs or monster stones?” I was a bit startled but remembered that it was Easter


The children staying at Cape Panwa Hotel or Kantary Bay were having an Easter Egg Hunt! One of the girls introduced me to a monster stone. I listened to her excitedly tell me she had just found the stone that she had painted. 


On moving from the beach to the pool I saw children colouring little ‘Easter Books’ that the hotel had prepared for them. The fun and games of celebrating Easter continued throughout the day, finishing at Café Kantary in Panwa Village


There I saw the same girl collecting a prize for finding a painted egg and monster stones: a specially designed Easter Cake.


I’m looking forward to next year already. 
Happy Easter!

              

No comments:

Post a Comment