Thursday, December 20, 2012

cape+kantary


I finally got the chance to properly go through the newest edition of cape+kantary while I was travelling to the Kantary Hotel in Ayutthaya by the inter province bus, which I boarded at Phuket.  

And lo and behold it featured a guide to Thailand's former capital – Ayutthaya. I definitely plan to visit the ruins of Wat Mahathat and to eat Ayutthaya’s famous river prawns at “Phae Krung Kao”.

I also learned about lots of interesting artsy places in Chiang Mai that I had not yet visited. I would like to visit the artworks by Myanmar artists at the Suvannabhumi Art Gallery. I would also like to see Wat Upakhut and its original Lanna style architecture as well as the murals of Vessantara Jataka inside it painted by Boonpang Phongpradit (the master Northern artist).


I enjoyed immensely the article about sand sculpting and the remarkable dinner table that was built on Cape Nidhra Hotel’s beachfront – I wouldn’t mind having a lesson with this sculptor, I could really surprise the grand children then!


What I took the most pleasure in reading about was the Chinese Opera (or Ngew) – symbolised by the ‘painted face’.

I do hope that the office are able to send me to investigate the Chinese Opera soon – before we are no longer able to see it in Thailand.

              

No comments:

Post a Comment