Sunday, January 13, 2013

How do you want your beer?



My boss and I visited Kantary Bay, Phuket for a long weekend and chose to have dinner at the Laem Panwa Thai seafood restaurant on the bayfront and watch the locals sell their wares to the tourists wandering by and the sunset over Big Buddha.


As we sat in the heat of the late afternoon (even though I was in shade) cradling my ice cold Singha beer I heard a comment made by a guest from the United Kingdom:  

Ice in my beer – NO THANK YOU!

The waiter had offered to put some ice in his beer, which is the norm in Thailand, but the guest had vehemently refused – the waiter was quite shocked and meekly walked away.

As I sat nursing my now nearly empty ice cold beer glass I had to make sure that the staff were okay so I quickly drained it and ordered another and added: 


Don’t forget the Ice”.

OR was I using this as a good excuse to have another beer?

(Ed – reason number two)

              

No comments:

Post a Comment