Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Nam Prik Goong Seab



Nam Prik Goong Seab is a must for me when I stay at Cape Panwa Hotel or when I  visit Phuket Old Town – it is what we recognize in Thailand as a Southern speciality.

This dish is a very spicy dip. It is actually a small bowl of spicy, sweet and sour chilli paste mixed with dried shrimp - a dish that is not for those without a high tolerance level of chilli.

The lethal mixture is served with a collection of fresh and boiled vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower, string beans, bean sprouts, cabbage and deep-fried eggplant. These vegetables are meant to balance out the strength of the chilli paste. People like to eat these dipped vegetables with some rice.

Good luck if you want to have a go – I was amused when Tim joined me but was unable to eat more than a spoonful – all the more for me :)

              

No comments:

Post a Comment