Monday, September 24, 2012

What will the weather be like tomorrow?


image courtesy of Mr Diday
I was brought up in a small town and I was told that you were able to tell the weather by the way the birds and animals reacted.


(Ed – my dad told me the same thing, there must be some truth in it!)



As I sat in the lobby of Cape Panwa Hotel, waiting for my car to take me to Khao Lak I was reminded of this when I heard a guest asking the staff  what the weather was going to be like the next day.




The staff was very helpful – after providing the local weather bureau’s forecast, he continued to explained that there was no firm way to confirm these forecasts and that the weather might be different over different parts of Phuket Island and across the sea.



The staff even suggested that if the guest had access to the Internet he could try weather.com or download their app because it was a pretty good forecaster for sun.



Kiteboarding at Cape Panwa
The guest, however, surprised me by saying that it was not the sun he was looking for but the wind! He wanted to go kiteboarding and needed windy conditions! The staff then calmly told the guest to visit a website called “Wind Guru” for wind conditions.



Fabulous – but I do wonder whether the predictions were correct?


              

No comments:

Post a Comment